Head of Learning & Innovation
Крайний срок: 21 Октябрь 2020
Условия контракта: Контракт
Тип вакансии: Временный контракт
The Head of Learning & Innovation is ultimately responsible for ensuring that Teach For Armenia is accelerating its impact by evaluating progress & strengthening our programming. The projects are overseen by Learning & Innovation currently include Teacher For Armenia’s incubator, Community Impact Projects, the development of a potential online Master’s program in teaching, as well as TSIL app, an online platform to support Change-Based Learning and student-led initiatives. In close partnership with the Regional Teams, the Head of Learning & Innovation ensures that our programs align with our Kochari in order to realize our 2050 Promise.
In order to build programming that is responsive to our students, the Head of Learning & Innovation manages the Programs Design Manager, the Innovation Manager, the Data & Impact Manager, and the Student Leadership Manager. The Head of Learning & Innovation reports to the Managing Director of Program, who also manages the Regional Heads. Together, the Learning & Innovation Team partners with the Regional Teams in order to co-create programs to help accelerate the impact of our Student-Leaders, Teacher-Leaders, and Alumni Ambassadors.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Driving Strategy (20%)
- Partner with the Regional Heads & The Managing Director of Program to devise long-term strategies to ensure Teach For Armenia is developing strong programming in order to realize our 2050 Promise
- Leading Team (30%)
- Coach, develop, and support each member of the Learning & Innovation Team so that they achieve ambitious targets
- Launching & Leading Special Projects (40%)
- Partner with External Affairs (and other teams) to launch special initiatives that align to the Kochari & help the organization to achieve its 2050 Promise
- Supporting Org-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed
NOTE: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold ourselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter.
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- System-Change Thinking: The Head of Learning & Innovation needs to keep a “birds eye view” over the whole education system in order to co-create programming that will lead to long-term system-wide change.
- Learning & Evaluation: Teach For Armenia strives to be a learning organization. We can only do that through rigorous evaluation of our impact so that we can draw out learning and incorporate lessons learned into our programs.
- Program Design: The Head of Learning & Innovation needs to be a master at designing effective programs that support accelerated learning for diverse audiences, from students to school leaders.
- Pedagogy & Andragogy: As an organization focused on transformation through education, the Head of Learning & Innovation must have a deep commitment to exploring the use and application of diverse teaching methodologies to support both students as well as adult learners.
- Leading Co-Creation: As the Head of Learning & Innovation, it will be key to not only an effective people manager, it will also be important to ensure that each teammate is collaborating with various individuals in order to co-create solutions.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in the education sector (preferred)
- 4+ years leading and/or coaching others (preferred)
- Fluency in Armenian and English (required)
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (required)
Требуемый уровень кандидата: Старший
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of our students and their communities. As such we are an organization that is committed to equity and we strive to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Мониторинг и оценка
Вы можете подать заявку на эту вакансию, следуя процедуре подачи заявки.
Процедура подачи заявок
Please submit your résumé and cover letter via the link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=57. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to our mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Поделитесь этой вакансией в соцсетях.
Адрес: 16 Halabyan Street, Ереван, Армения