Chief of Party
Deadline: 18 May 2021
Employment term: Contract
Category: General/professional/Other services
Job type: Tender
Deloitte Armenia seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID/Armenia Improved Water Management for Sustainable Economic Growth Activity. The overall goal of this project is to improve management of water resources and guide the country on its journey to self-reliance.
A Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This person shall act as the key liaison between stakeholders (public and private sectors) and USAID/Armenia. The COP will be required to:
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to the guidelines established by USAID and Deloitte Consulting;
- Coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement;
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans;
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices; and
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate project adjustments.
- 15+ years of experience managing programs of a similar size and scope, of which five years was in a developing country in a senior leadership capacity managing a project team;
- Advanced degree in management, engineering, economics, or related fields;
- Demonstrated knowledge of some or all relevant technical areas of this program ( water sector management, governance, water conservation/use and regional integration) as demonstrated through implementation of previous programs of similar size and scope;
- Demonstrated experience in rapidly mobilizing and managing teams with diverse skills
- Previous experience in managing partnerships with the private sector, subcontracts, and/or grants;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID as well as public, private, and civil society partners;
- Experience in working on water sector issues at the national, local and/or private sector levels.
- Prior work experience for USAID projects and/or other bilateral or international development partners
- Experience working in Armenia, the Caucuses or other countries of the Former Soviet Union highly desired;
- Demonstrated ability to speak, read and write English fluently. Ability to speak Armenian or Russian is preferred
Required candidate level: Senior
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. Please, mention in the Subject line "Chief of Party".
Duration: long term (5 years). Location: Yerevan, Armenia and remote per applicable USAID COVID travel restrictions.
Deloitte in Armenia is part of the CIS Holdings Limited (“Deloitte CIS”), a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). We provide audit, tax and legal, consulting, and advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and in-depth local expertise to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To learn more about Deloitte Armenia CJSC, please visit: www.deloitte.am.
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s International Donor Organization (IDO) practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Strong interpersonal skills
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.