Objective 3 Lead - Promote and Scale Best Practices and Innovative Approaches in Water Conservation and Use to Increase Equitable Access to Water Reso
Deadline: 18 May 2021
Employment term: Contract
Category: General/professional/Other services
Job type: Tender
Deloitte Armenia seeks a project objective lead for the upcoming USAID/Armenia Improved Water Management for Sustainable Economic Growth Activity. The overall goal of this project is to improve management of water resources and guide the country on its journey to self-reliance.
Leading project teams and contributing to the promotion and implementation of best practices and innovation in water use, conservation and access including:
- Improvements to small scale irrigation and drinking water supply based on innovative approach
- Water saving, reuse and recycled pilots as a result of PPPs
- Scaling up pilots for sharing experience across basins and communities
- Enhancing collaboration of university, research institutions and private sector partners to promote knowledge transfer
- Demonstrating uptake of new technologies not directly funded by the activity
- Providing specialist input into other project activity areas where required
- Mentoring and supporting junior consultants working on water projects
- Improving access to water sources for irrigation and drinking water
- Improving small scale irrigation and drinking water supply based on efficient technologies and community needs, including border communities.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field including (but not limited to) Hydrology, Water Resources Management, Environmental Studies and Earth Sciences, Economics, Development Studies, Public/Business Management, Engineering or any other relevant post-graduate qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in public water sector consulting with a keen understanding of the water systems and water infrastructure that underpin water systems and water infrastructure
- Solid experience in project management for water projects on national, local and/or provincial levels
- A demonstrated ability to develop a pilot project proposal, including design, cost benefit analysis and efficiency calculations, and technology supplier; experience reviewing budgets, technical proposals and other relevant documentation as well as ability to manage monitoring and verification of projects
- Experience coordinating tenders for pilot project design and implementation
- Experience coordinating and overseeing implementation and evaluation of the hydro energy and energy efficiency projects
- Experience in developing/conducting training programs to private and public sector as well as government agencies related to the water resource conservation
- Prior work experience for USAID projects and/or other bilateral or international development partners is strongly preferred
- Experience with program activities implementing the USAID environmental compliance requirements related to pilot projects is preferred
- A keen ability and experience in project management and exposure to running complex pilot projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to speak, read and write English and Armenian fluently
Required candidate level: Senior
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. Please, mention in the Subject line "Objective 3 Lead - Promote and Scale Best Practices and Innovative Approaches in Water Conservation and Use to Increase Equitable Access to Water Resources".
Duration: long term (5 years). Location: Yerevan, Armenia and remote per applicable USAID COVID travel restrictions.
Deloitte in Armenia is part of the CIS Holdings Limited (“Deloitte CIS”), a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). We provide audit, tax and legal, consulting, and advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and in-depth local expertise to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To learn more about Deloitte Armenia CJSC, please visit: www.deloitte.am.
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s International Donor Organization (IDO) practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Water Resources Management
Strong interpersonal skills
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.